The ukfamilybreak team headed down to the New Forest to see what all the fuss was about.
According to a recent TripAdvisor survey Paultons Park was voted the best-rated amusement park in the UK.
So myself and the rest of the Ukfamilybreak team decided to check it out, to experience firsthand what makes this theme park such as great place for families.
Before the trip we had a quick look at the Pautlons Park website to see what was on and to make a brief plan for our day trip.
We all had a mission to try out as many rides as possible!
On arrival we all headed towards the new Lost Kingdom of dinosaur themed rides. Launched in 2016 this is Paultons Park newest attractions.
We were all particularly impressed with this new area, which included two new family rollercoasters, Jurassic themed family rides, a dinosaur adventure play park and 4×4 Jurassic Jeep expedition through the new animatronic dinosaur infested jurassic world.
To be fair it looked like something straight out of the movies!
The first ride that we went on was The Velociraptor, but be warned this rollercoaster is definitely not for the fainthearted!
This ride is an absolute must for adrenaline seekers old and young. If you’re after a bare knuckle ride – then this is for you.
We also hopped on the Flight of the Pterosaur a 395m suspended dinosaur roller coaster. Again fast and furious!
After all that excitement we needed something a bit more sedately.
So we headed down to my children’s favourite TV star – Peppa Pig World.
Paultons Park as you guessed is home to Peppa Pig World, which I must say was an absolute treat.
If you are familiar with the TV characters then this is a must visit for families with young children and perfect for a toddler break.
Our highlights included getting absolutely soaked on the River Ride ( hint bring a good water proof coat) and we then jumped on a a couple of pleasant rides including the Sky Swinger.
To be honest one day at Paultons Park just isn’t long enough to try out everything.
With over 60 rides, from gentle merry-go-rounds for toddlers to scary roller coasters in the Lost Kingdom, you definitely need more time to take it all in.
One solution is to take a look at Paultons Park Short Breaks website. Here you can book a great family deal with their 2 for the 1 short break offers. This includes a hotel stay and 2 days on resort. Overall a saving of £80 can be made!
Direction to Paultons Park
Easy by car just head straight to the New Forest National Park – and you’ll find the resort just off Exit 2 on the M27.
Just follow the brown tourist signs on the motorway.
The car park is also free, which is great as most places charge!
Our top tips for Paultons Park
Here are our top tips to make your visit to Paultons Park as enjoyable as possible.
- Buy your tickets online in advance – you’ll make a nice saving plus no waiting at the admission kiosks when you arrive.
- Make sure you know the height of your kids. As some rides have height restrictions.
- If you visit during the school holidays it can be very busy. So head for Peppa Pig World straight away or towards the end of the day to have less time in the queues.
- Bring socks for you and your children if they want to play in the Indoor Playzone in Peppa Pig World.
- Don’t forget to bring a swimming costume and towels for the little ones for the Water Kingdom and Muddy Puddles splash parks when they are open.
- Go on the water rides last in case you get wet, to avoid spending the day in damp clothes – although there are dryers available for an extra charge.